Shark Bait! Pitching to Attract Investors
On June 16, we invited 5 entrepreneurs pitch to investors from early-stage VCs and private equity firms, in return for hard-hitting feedback on what worked — and what didn’t. Hear advice straight from seasoned professionals on what investors want to see in a company, where to find capital for your business, and the best ways to pitch an idea.
- Expert feedback on real pitches from 5 emerging companies
- Strategies for planning a business pitch that’s clear, memorable, and compelling
- What VCs look for in a startup, and how to raise capital in the current economic climate
- How to create a pitch deck for early-stage investors, compared to late-stage
- Essential things investors want to know from a pitch — and what they don’t.
- The best ways to pitch your company, based on your business type or funding goal
Request a Recording
- Data scientist and investor with Vestigo Ventures, an early-stage fintech VC based in Cambridge MA.
- Focused on marketplaces, consumer, and infrastructure.
Veteran Ventures Capital
- Founder & President of Veteran Ventures Capital, LLC, an investment and consulting firm focused on scaling veteran-owned and led businesses.
- Formerly served as Chief Operating Officer for TAG Resources, LLC, a retirement service company with over $1.5 billion in assets under management.
SOSV: The Accelerator VC
- SOSV is a global multi-stage venture fund that invests in companies through in-house accelerator programs and provides follow-on capital through the life cycle of these companies, through the Series B stage.
- Focuses on the sectors of food innovation (everything from consumer goods to general food tech, distribution tech and Ag Tech), decentralized technologies, and smart cities.
- Private Equity professional who led two deals to closing over the past year with Ouroboros Group in both the contract manufacturing services and consumer services sectors.
- Active in sourcing, evaluating and executing on investment opportunities, as well as developing investment theses across various sectors.
- Investing in manufacturing, consumer, and select healthcare, the Ourobouros Group provides minority capital for growth, or buyout capital for change of control.
- Stewarded over $200M in M&A transactions for middle-market life science companies while at Outcome Capital.