Nintendo, the Japanese multinational electronics company, announced earlier the redesigned Switch, called Switch Lite, that is designed to be played exclusively on-the-go.
Analysts, and gamers alike, are worried that the Switch will mark the death knell the Nintendo 3DS however, Nintendo states it will continue support for the 3DS family of systems.
Using Cyndx Finder, we can look at the history of Nintendo, its investors and funding.
Some metrics on Nintendo are as follows:
Recent Nintendo Acquisitions include:
- Jesnet acquisition in April 2017
- Mobiclip acquisition in February 2012
- Monolith acquisition in May 2007
- Retro Studios acquisition in May 2002
- Rare acquisition in April 1995
While Nintendo invested in the following two firms:
- Matrix Semiconductor’s Series E round of $52M
- Niantic‘s Series A round of $20M